HTC One VX will be finally available at AT&T starting this week. Reportedly, an AT&T spokesperson said the new smartphone should be in stock “in all channels by December 7”, a mid-level Android smartphone that was supposed to have been released back on Nov. 16. So if you can’t wait to get yours on one as well, you’re going to need a little more patience. And hope this new date plays out. The HTC VX isn’t a souped-up One V, and it isn’t a toned-down One S. It’s something new. AT&T’s taken the best of the entire HTC One Line and managed to get it into a single smartphone. Thin, powerful with the features smartphone owners demand.
The HTC One VX have a 4.5-inch Super LCD 2 at qHD resolution. The One VX has a dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM 8390) processor, so that’s a slightly lower clock speed than the HTC One S, but faster (and a better platform) than the One V. It’s got 8 gigabytes of on-board storage, and 1GB of RAM.
HTC’s managed to squeeze in a microSD card. And NFC. And a bigger battery — 1810 mAh, up from the 1650 mAh on the One S. Plus, it’s got AT&T’s 4G LTE, HSPA+ and other cell bands you might need, along with 802.11 a/b/g/n Wifi. Want FM radio? It’s there, too.
HTC One VX has a 5-megapixel rear shooter. That’s a lower resolution than the 8MP camera on the One S. But it’s still go the f/2.0, 28mm lens. It’s also got backside illumination (BSI) and does video in 1080p. The phone’s also got a VGA front-facing camera, and the whole thing is controlled by HTC’s ImageSense processor.
The One VX is launching with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, but it will be upgraded to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Along with that, it’ll get the update to Sense 4+, which brings a tightened user interface along with new camera modes, including Auto Portrait and Sightseeing, which speeds the shooting process by bypassing the lockscreen. There also will be new ways to view pictures and videos in the gallery.
Complete specs for the HTC One VX on AT&T:
- Operating system: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and Sense 4 (with an update to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and Sense 4+ to come).
- Display: 4.5-inch qHD Supre LCD 2 (540×960), 245 pixels per inch
- Processor: Dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 (MSM 8930) at 1.2 GHz
- Camera: Rear 5-megapixel camera with 28mm, f/2.0 aperture; smart LED flash; BSI sensor; HTC ImageSense processor; front-facing VGA camera
- RAM: 1GB DDR2
- Storage: 8GB on-board (OS will take up some); microSD card up to 32GB
- Battery: 1810 mAh, non-removable
- Connectivity: LTE, HSPA+/HSPA/UMTS, GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- Wifi: 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Dimensions: 133.5 x 67.5 x 9.19 mm
- Weight: 124.7 grams / 4.4 ounces
- Bluetooth 4.0
- FM Radio
- Micro SIM
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Dual noice-canceling mics
The HTC One VX is a mid-end offering that will cost just $49.99 on contract. In case you don’t know yet, the One VX is an AT&T-exclusive device, so it won’t be available anywhere else.